Content Strategist (Full-Time)
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The content strategist will refine and advance our editorial vision and mission and help plan, produce, and analyze the written content we create. This role will help build our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for content both internally and externally. This person may also be asked to create a network of freelancers and go-to influencers in our industry, format our content, thoroughly proofread and line edit.
- Build and manage the publishing of a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, e-mails, research, landing pages, social media, infographics, etc.).
- Determine and manage sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. You write clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Edit and proofread content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, content performance metrics and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- BA/BS English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts, History or other humanities.
- Experience managing an editorial calendar for a media publication or marketing team preferred.
- Must become inbound marketing and HubSpot certified at beginning of employment.
- Excellent attention to detail both for line editing copy and consistency in style and tone across customer content.