Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Junior Developer loves learning the ins and outs of technology, websites and making complex things online simple. In a flexible, startup, team-oriented environment, you will work through requested changes and exciting improvements on customer websites. You’ll also help install or update website plugins as needed. This role is expected to bring an eye for correcting and proactively avoiding website flaws with modern, practical web development abilities. With your amazing technical ability to grasp and navigate new tools, you’ll be highly valued by the entire team. Your efforts will help bring to life our brands, websites and collateral produced.
- Edit front-end web code up to modern design standards by writing clean, semantic code on HubSpot and Wordpress websites.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates, senior management, designers, and other client project stakeholders.
- Contribute to long-term ways to optimize our website project management capabilities.
- Proactively scope and internally present new ideas to improve website designs and experiences.
- Work with our team through required website user experience improvements.
- Must be available to work 15 hours a week during standard business hours (M-F 8A-5P), for instance, 3 hours, 5x a week or 5 hours, 3x a week or 8 hours, 2x a week, etc.
- Working towards a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Web Programming, Development or Graphic Design, Self-Taught Developers are also welcome
- Aspiring to become an expert in UI/UX best practices. You are a problem solver and see the quality of your work.
- Willing to get certified on the HubSpot Content Optimization System (COS), used to create automatically responsive webpages for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodologies and emerging best practices in website design.
- Competitve starting pay of $15-$20 per hour
- Exciting, unique opportunity to grow into a desirable full-time position upon graduation and/or availability
- Flexible and changing work schedule available
- Parking pass covered
- Regular team lunches and outings